As the father of an eight year old princess, I say, "Amen!" to Todd's list of things he wants taught to his future son-in-law:
1. Train him to be involved with his family. He can't do his own thing.
2. Train him to be a good listener. Eye to eye—no distractions.
3. Train him to be gentle. No harsh words or roughness.
4. Train him to be able to say "I'm sorry"—even when he feels wronged.
5. Train him to have a real, growing relationship with God. He can't go it alone.
6. Train him to care more about loving his wife and raising his children than he does about his career.
7. Train him to be able to say "no" to his own desires and "yes" to hers.
To sign up for Todd's weekly email, click here. To subcribe to his podcast via the free, itunes software (no ipod required...!), click here. While you are at it, check out his "You 'da Dad" online magazine.
God help me to live up to that list myself...! Number two, especially, pierced my heart. How many times have I "listened" without "looking...!"