Saturday, February 3, 2007

Calling Upon the Lord - Jim Cymbala

One of the books that has most influenced my life is Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala, Pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I want to strongly encourage you to take the time to watch a free, online video of him preaching at the Church on the Way in Van Nuys, California pastored by Jack Hayford. Pastor Cymbala's message is entitled, Calling Upon the Name of the Lord. I believe that if you will take the time to watch this clip, it will change your life! Those two churches, by the way, are the ones I admire the most, out of all that I have ever been privileged to visit.

Pastor Cymbala is hosting a Pastor's and Leader's Prayer Conference at the Brooklyn Tabernacle, April 15-17th. Teresa and I were able to attend this event last year and it blessed us tremendously. I have been dreaming of taking our pastoral staff and their spouses to this year's conference, but we do not have the funds necessary for this trip in our church budget. If this video touches your heart, would you please take a moment to pray and ask God to make a way for our pastors and as many of our church leaders and members as possible to attend? I believe it could revolutionize our church.

Thanks and blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment