Friday, May 23, 2008

In a lighter vein...

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am fascinated with emerging technologies. Paul and I flew on Emirates Airlines from Dubai on down to Colombo, Sri Lanka on the last leg of our trip. The seat back video screen from the entertainment system had what I think is a very cool feature, namely, live video from a camera mounted on the nose of the plane. This enables passengers to see what the captain sees throughout the flight, including during take-off and landing. I had only encountered this once before, on a Japan Airlines flight from Tokyo to Singapore, but it was only in black and white it did not show the take-off and landing. Hats off to Emirates (which is a fabulous airline, by the way - I will fly them again any day!) for offering this feature to their passengers. Here is the video Paul filmed of our night take-off from Dubai and the landing at Colombo the following morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment