Friday, December 27, 2013

A link worth looking at...

Dear Antioch Church Family,

I trust you have enjoyed a blessed holiday season!

I am really looking forward to our annual 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting beginning January 1st. God always meets with us as we set aside this time to seek His face, but I feel an extra sense of urgency regarding it this year, poised as we are on the beginning of an entirely new season of ministry in our new church campus in the heart of downtown. 

The cry of my heart is that God will help us raise up a truly Gospel-preaching, Christ-exalting church that is filled with His manifest presence, characterized by the working of His Holy Spirit power, and always faithful to His infallible Word! In that vein, while I don't recall ever forwarding an article to our entire church mailing list, when I came across one this morning by Steve Hill entitled, "7 Great Lies in the Church Today," I wanted to bring it to your attention. It made me think of the words the Apostle Paul wrote to young pastor Timothy,
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4:3-4 NIV)
I found it very stirring and thought-provoking. I encourage you to take the time to read it and reflect on it by clicking here.

Teresa and I love you and look forward to all that God has in store for us all at Antioch Church. The best is yet to come...!

Pastor Mark

P.S. According to the latest word from our General Contractor, we expect to be able to hold our first service in our new church home on the West End DART Rail station on Sunday, February 16th, with our formal Dedication Service during the month of March! Be sure to mark your calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment