Two young Iranian Christian women, Maryam and Marzieh, were arrested by the authorities there five months ago for converting from Islam to Christianity. They have been summoned to appear in court tomorrow (Sunday) to hear the verdict in their case.
One judge has already told them that he was personally going to see to it that they will be put to death. Even if they are released, they will still be in tremendous danger since in the past Christians have been martyred in the streets after being set from from prison.
Please take a moment to pray for these two precious sisters in the Lord, asking God to supernaturally intervene on their behalf and that His comforting, protecting angels will be with them…!
Dear friends, After five months of being detained in Evin Prison in Tehran for their conversion to Christianity, Maryam and Marzieh have been told to be ready. Tomorrow (Sunday 9th August) at 7am they will be taken to the court where they will hear of the court's decision. Hopefully their lawyer will be allowed to be present. Marzieh is in pain due to her spine, her tooth and searing headaches. She desperately needs to see a specialist but she has not been allowed.
Let us urgently go to the Lord in believing prayer for Maryam and Marzieh in this most sensitive time.
- Let us thank Him For preserving, sustaining and strengthening them in prison.
- For giving them the grace to be steadfast in their faith.
- For the witness they have been in prison.
- For the love, concern and prayer of many believers around the world.
- Pray that the court will set them free.
- Pray that the presence and the anointing of the Holy Spirit will be with them.
- That they will receive healing from all illness.
- That the peace of God will cover their minds and their hearts, and will keep them safe in Jesus and refresh them tonight.
- That in all this the Lord will be greatly glorified and His perfect will be done.
The Elam team